This is me in a boat off the Isle of Skye, but normally I’m at home a lot further south working as a freelance journalist. I specialise in stories about religion and social affairs.
My news reports, analysis and features have been published by The Guardian, The Times, The Economist, The Sunday Telegraph, The Independent and the BBC, among others. I previously worked for four years as a news reporter and digital editor of the Church Times, the UK’s leading newspaper covering religion. You can find some of my work here.
I’m always open to new commissions and enquiries, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch by emailing email@example.com. You can also follow me on Twitter.
I also co-host a podcast called Matters of Life and Death which discusses the ethics of issues in healthcare, technology and science. You can listen to the most recent episodes below, or click here to subscribe.
Coronavirus: Miscounting deaths, the Sun's front page, key workers with long covid and vaccine generosity – Matters of Life and Death
- Coronavirus: Miscounting deaths, the Sun's front page, key workers with long covid and vaccine generosity
- John Stott: Double listening, salt as preservative, incarnational mission, and the challenge of evangelical hagiography
- Simulation: Deep fakes, image as sacrament, David Beckham in Mandarin and therapy chatbots
- Digital church: Worship on Zoom, pandemic revival, time-shifting and Gnosticism
- Social media and free speech: Fake news, Facebook's 'Supreme Court', the Capitol riot and YouTube algorithms