This is me in a boat off the Isle of Skye, but normally I’m at home a lot further south working as a freelance journalist. I specialise in religion and social affairs stories.
My news reports, analysis and features have been published by The Guardian, The Times, The Economist, The Sunday Telegraph, The Independent and the BBC, among others. I previously worked for four years as a news reporter and digital editor of the Church Times, the UK’s leading newspaper covering religion. You can find some of my work here.
I also co-host two podcasts, both part of the Premier network.
Matters of Life and Death, co-hosted with my dad Prof John Wyatt, discusses the ethics of issues in healthcare, technology and science. You can listen to the most recent episodes below, or click here to subscribe.
Dependence 2: The Panopticon at home, evangelising to retirees, existential angst in the House of Lords, and rejecting self-sufficiency – Matters of Life and Death
- Dependence 2: The Panopticon at home, evangelising to retirees, existential angst in the House of Lords, and rejecting self-sufficiency
- Dependence 1: Isolated elderly people, altruistic suicide, a second childhood, and a crucified hero
- Protestant Social Teaching 2: The ars moriendi, open casket funerals in Derry Girls, the end of Christendom and ethical quietism
- Protestant Social Teaching 1: Overlap with Catholicism, chronological snobbery, rejecting one-size-fits-all ethics, and ‘worldly’ versus ‘spiritual’ matters
- AI sentience 2: I-Thou relationships, talking to stuffed animals, thanking Alexa, and Turing red flag laws
Premier Christian Newscast is a weekly show unpacking and explaining one big story from the Christian world. We go behind the immediate headlines to try to understand why things are happening in the church and beyond. You can listen to the most recent episodes below, or click here to subscribe.