This is me in a boat off the Isle of Skye, but normally I’m at home a lot further south working as a freelance journalist. I specialise in religion and social affairs stories.
My news reports, analysis and features have been published by The Guardian, The Times, The Economist, The Sunday Telegraph, The Independent and the BBC, among others. I previously worked for four years as a news reporter and digital editor of the Church Times, the UK’s leading newspaper covering religion. You can find some of my work here.
I also co-host two podcasts, both part of the Premier network.
Matters of Life and Death, co-hosted with my dad Prof John Wyatt, discusses the ethics of issues in healthcare, technology and science. You can listen to the most recent episodes below, or click here to subscribe.
Cryptocurrency 1: Bitcoin, warehouses of computers solving maths puzzles, the dot.com bubble, and FOMO – Matters of Life and Death
- Cryptocurrency 1: Bitcoin, warehouses of computers solving maths puzzles, the dot.com bubble, and FOMO
- Medical Assistance in Dying 2: Suicidal ideation, no crystal balls, conscientious objection, and Hippocrates’ successful medical practice
- Medical Assistance in Dying 1: Judicial activism, a ‘reasonably foreseeable’ death, the unacceptability of suffering, and reasons to stay alive
- Martin Rees 3: Pre-emptive science fiction, the morality-reality gap, adventurers on Mars, and the mind of the Creator
- Martin Rees 2: Blurred humanity, re-dignifying care work, algorithms reading lung X-rays, and the risks of virtual life
Premier Christian Newscast is a weekly show unpacking and explaining one big story from the Christian world. We go behind the immediate headlines to try to understand why things are happening in the church and beyond. You can listen to the most recent episodes below, or click here to subscribe.